Cr Kirsten Van Diggele is a young and passionate resident who wants to see East Gippsland thrive.
Kirsten works professionally in youth development and community engagement and love working alongside others to achieve the best outcomes.
She has been the driver behind many youth programs and initiatives in the East Gippsland region, including the establishment of the Youth Ambassador Committee, co-wrote the Regional Youth Plan, and delivered numerous community events, programs and activities including forums and festivals.
Through her role as a Councillor, Kirsten hopes to advocate for:
- the expansion of essential services; create more local jobs by attracting businesses and supporting entrepreneurship into our community;
- promote our regions fresh produce and locally made products;
- promote our community and boost tourism;
- build a culture of diversity and inclusion;
- increase social connectedness through the development of programs and groups;
- advocate for better transport to interconnect our townships;
- increased community events and activities;
- advocate for education services and up-to-date recreational facilities; and
- expand our volunteer services to isolated people within the community to receive additional support.