The town's remoteness has made it popular as a quiet seaside experience in an area surrounded by forests, secluded beaches and pristine waterways.
Croajingolong National Park embraces the village, and extends for over 100 kilometres along the region's Wilderness Coast. There are a number of lighthouses nearby, the most prominent being built in 1862 on the granite outcrop of Gabo Island, 13 kilometres off the coast.
Mallacoota Inlet captivates with its shimmering lakes, rivers, quiet beaches and forests - the Top Lake, Bottom Lake, little inlets, cliffs, beaches and mountains offer innumerable places to explore, boat, fish, walk, paint/photograph the scenery or simply sit and watch the wildlife, flora and sunsets.
View our COVIDsafe plan here.
Base fees cover 2 people only and 1 car. Any additional guests will incur an extra charge per night.
Please note: The Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park tariffs are subject to change. The listed tariffs below are a guide only and prices can fluctuate between Off Peak rate and Peak rate.
By entering your preferred dates here, you are able to view the current nightly rate.
A booking must be made and confirmed with a deposit to secure your nightly rate.
Eagle Point Caravan Park can provide a quote for your requested dates and is valid for 48 hours only. You will need to provide your quote number upon booking.
If a booking has not been made within that 48 hours, you will need to request a new quote.
Peak: 25 December to 28 January, Easter period (Four nights, Thursday to Sunday nights inclusive)
Off Peak: 1 May to 24 December
Subject to change due to occupancy. It is recommended to check the current nightly rates for your preferred dates here.
Standard Unpowered Site - Starting from $18.50 per night
Standard Powered Site - Starting from $26 per night
Waterfront Unpowered Site - Starting from $26 per night
Waterfront Powered Site - Starting from $33 per night
Standard Unpowered Site - $37 per night
Standard Powered Site - $47 per night
Waterfront Unpowered Site - $50 per night
Waterfront Powered Site - $60 per night
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park require all Visitors to Check in from Midday, and to be checked out by 10am on day of departure.
• Please ensure that your campsite is within the Caravan Park boundaries.
• Waterfront sites are located behind a marked white-line to ensure water’s edge is open for public access.
• We ask patrons to keep their belongings secured as park management will not be responsible for missing items.
• As a site holder, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of children and others on your site and those around you. Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
• Please consider conservation of water. We ask you to be quick and clean.
• Young children are to be supervised at all times.
• Laundry facilities must not be used for washing of pots, pans, dishes, fishing or diving gear.
• An outside shower is located at blocks 1 and 2 for rinsing off sand. You can wash your pots, pans and dishes in the camp kitchen. Fishing and diving gear can be washed at the wharf.
• Please report to the Park office any damage or uncleanliness.
• No riding of bicycles, skateboards, scooters etc. in the vicinity of the amenity blocks.
• Drones are not permitted at all within the park boundaries
• Please respect your fellow campers by keeping noise levels to a minimum. All excessive noise must cease from 10.00pm. Noisy groups will not be tolerated and your camping permit may be canceled without refund if the noise persists. Portable generators are not permitted.
Site Condition and Set up
• Draw bars MUST face to the roadway where your site is located.
• There needs to be a minimum of 2000mm between structure walls (vans, annexes and tents). And 1200mm unobstructed area between sites e.g. Between guide ropes. Please see back of park map for setup diagrams.
• Sullage from caravans is to be drained to waste facilities provided.
• Cars and boats are not to be washed in the park. Flushing of boat engines is accepted.
• Please do not encroach onto adjacent sites. Powered waterfront sites: No tents, clothes lines, vehicles, boats or trailers are to be forward of powered site area so as not to obstruct views of others.
• Vehicles are not to be driven between occupied sites.
• Please ensure that you use the site, mooring or jetty allocated to you.
• Hammocks, swings and clotheslines etc. hanging from trees is not permitted due to a safety risks.
• Please leave your site clean at all times.
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park asks you please ensure you take notice of current CFA rules and regulations and adhere to those rules.
• During declared fire danger periods, fires are not permitted on your site unless otherwise advised by Park Supervisor or EGSC duty officers
• Fire pot restrictions may be altered on short notice on advice from emergency services, CFA, or EGSC Safety Officers.
• There are to be NO fires lit during periods of total fire bans.
• All flames outside of fire restrictions must be in a constructed fire pot/drum at least 30cms above the ground.
• Park staff reserve the right to extinguish fires if they are deemed not safe or left unattended.
• Please do not moor your boat to a mooring unless it has been booked and paid for by you as the allocated user.
• Are your leads safe? All leads that are plugged into the park power heads must be 15amp and must be tested and tagged for electrical safety.
• No charging of car, boat or caravan batteries in the amenities or camp kitchens.
• Phones, laptops and notebooks may be charged at the office at risk to the owner.
This is enforced by the Victoria Police and could carry a fine.
• All patrons must adhere to the speed limits within the park.
• Bikes, scooters and other recreational equipment are not to be ridden around the park after dark.
• Helmets must be worn while riding bikes and scooters in the park.
• Please ensure your children adhere to these rule at all times.
Maximum 2x dogs per site.
• The dog must be supervised at all times and never left unattended at your site.
• The dog must be restrained at all times including on your site. A leash must be no longer than two metres in length. No dog ‘runs’ are to be set up.
• Pets on a lead are permitted on the beach.
• The owner must control their dogs at all times by having them on a leash, chain or cord as there is a lot of native wildlife at Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park. Heavy penalties apply for the injury or death of native wildlife. Any injury or death to wildlife is the full responsibility of the dog owner.
• For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed inside the camp kitchen, amenity blocks, playground or reception.
• Dog owners are responsible for picking up their dog’s waste and disposal in sealed bags into rubbish bins.
• Dog owners are responsible for any personal injury and/or property damage or losses in relation to any actions by their dog.
• It is the responsibility of the dog owner to keep their dog away from snakes and safe from injury.
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday Park will not be held responsible for any costs relating to your dog’s injury or death resulting from a snake bite or tick. There closest vet is Eden Vet can be contacted on (02) 6496 1252.
• For Health and safety reasons dogs can only be washed at the Dog Wash at block 4, not in any of the laundry facilities. Additionally, any dog related accessories such as dog blankets etc. may not be washed or cleaned within the park. The Laundromat in the Main street has a machine for washing of animal blankets.
General Safety and Behaviour
Mallacoota Foreshore Holiday park as East Gippsland Shire council, want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable stay at our park. To ensure this is achieved we require all patrons to adhere to the parks terms and conditions and respect all fellow campers and staff. Failure to adhere to our terms and conditions may result in immediate termination of the camping permit and eviction from the park immediately.
East Gippsland Shire Council does not tolerate any abusive behaviour towards staff and/ or fellow campers and anyone who is witnessed doing so will be evicted from the park immediately.
Bookings must be made and confirmed by a Council Officer and transferring bookings without the consent of council is not permitted.
ALL VISITORS MUST REPORT TO PARK OFFICE UPON ARRIVAL
Peak Period Bookings - Easter & Christmas
A deposit of $100 is required.
A deposit of $10 is required for boat moorings.
Please note: This deposit will have to be placed upon departure of any camper who wants the same dates and site the following year. If no deposit is made by check out, the site becomes available to other guests when the following years peak season availability is released.
A Christmas balance is to be paid in full by 31 October.
An Easter balance is to be paid in full one month prior to arrival.
Full payment of fees on arrival.
Bookings Outside of Peak and Off Peak Dates
A deposit is $100 (or full payment if the tariff less than $100) with any balance to be paid on arrival.
A deposit of $5 is required for boat moorings.
Full payment of fees due on arrival.
Off Peak Period Bookings
The cost of the first night will be taken as a deposit and the balance will be paid on arrival.
Less than 24 hours’ notice of full cancellation will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Refunds of deposits and fees paid will be available under the following circumstances;
Peak Period Cancellations - Easter & Christmas
Cancellations providing more than 30 days' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date will be refundable, excluding a $35 administration fee.
Cancellations made inside 30 days of the scheduled arrival date will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid.
Bookings Outside of Peak and Off Peak Dates Cancellations
Cancellations providing more than 15 days' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date will be refundable, excluding a $35 administration fee.
Cancellations inside 15 days of the scheduled arrival date will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid.
Off Peak Period Cancellations
Cancellations providing more than 24 Hours' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date will be refundable, excluding a $35 administration fee.
Cancellations inside 24 hours of the scheduled arrival date will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid.
Refund options with sufficient notice
Option A: Credit to a future booking, to be used within 12 months
Option B: Refund of deposit or prepayment
Please Note: No shows without notifying the park will not be refunded or transferred.
Early departures will not be refunded
If you do not arrive by 10am on the day after your scheduled arrival date your booking will be cancelled without refund and available to be rebooked by other guests.
Peak Period bookings – Easter & Christmas
Cancellations with sufficient notice
When Cancellation is provided by a camper with more than 30 days' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date, the camper has opportunity to rebook the same site for the same dates for the following year IF a deposit is placed before 1st February.
When Cancellation is provided by a camper with more than 30 days' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date, but the camper does not want to rebook the same site or doesn’t want to rebook the same dates for the following year, the site is made available to others the following year (i.e. they lose the site).
Cancellations without sufficient notice
When Cancellation is provided by a camper inside of the 30 days' notice in relation to the scheduled arrival date, the camper will only have opportunity to rebook the same site for the same dates for the following year, if it’s the first year of cancellation and a deposit is placed before 1st February and the Parks management deems the reason is valid (i.e. major event effecting stay).
When Cancellation is provided by a camper inside of the 30 days' and it is not the first time this has happened, the site is made available to others the following year (i.e. they lose the site).
Due to the high demand associated with our Park over peak period, if a cancellation is provided by a camper 2 years in a row, the site will be made available to others the following year (i.e. they lose the site).
Outside of Peak Periods
When Cancellation is provided by a camper the camper has the opportunity to rebook the site at time of cancellation. If the site is not rebooked, it is made available to other campers.
While we greatly appreciate and respect the campers who frequently come to our great town to camp on the foreshore, this Park is situated on Crown Land and Council is committed to providing equal opportunity to everyone to enjoy the campgrounds. Therefore, no booking has preference over another outside of the above booking guidelines.
Bookings must be made and confirmed by a Council Officer and transfer of bookings without the consent of council is not permitted.
Camp kitchen: Located near the boat and trailer parking at the end of Schnapper Street.
Boat launching: From boat ramps, located at block 5 or Bastion Point.
Boat moorings: Choice to book either rope or jetty moorings if needed.
Electric BBQ: Free BBQ's can be found at block 2, block 5 and the Camp Kitchen.
Dump Points: Located at most of our toilet blocks. Refer to park map for specific locations.
Playgrounds: 1 located on Leather Jacket Avenue near between block 5 & 6, 1 located at block 2.
Dog wash: available for use for a fee, located at block 4.
Bikes, scooters and other recreational equipment:
Helmets are required to be worn while riding recreational equipment within the park. Children under the age of five (5) years must be supervised by an adult at all times they are riding. Park staff have the authority to confiscate recreational equipment if safety rules are not adhered to.