Parking Fines
Parking Fines
VicRoads Parking and Traffic Laws ensure the safe and fair use of Victoria's roads for everyone’s benefit.

Parking Infringement Notices (Parking Tickets)

A parking infringement notice (a parking ticket) can be issued by a Police officer, an authorised Council officer, an authorised officer from other public authorities (e.g. VicRoads) or an authorised Council contractor. All authorised Council Contractors have a photo identity card, which must be shown if requested.

A parking ticket can be handed to you, left on your car's windscreen or posted to you.

How long do I have to pay and how do I pay?

You have 21 days to pay the fine.

Payments can be made by contacting  any Council Service Centre.

Full details are on the Infringement Notice.

I have a fine but I wasn’t the driver

The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the fine.

If you weren't driving the vehicle, give the name and address of the driver to the authority who issued the ticket.

What happens if I don’t pay?

Additional costs apply if you don’t pay on time and may lead to Court action.

For more information visit the State Government’s Fines website.

How do I appeal a fine?

If you believe that there is a good reason for you not to pay the fine, you can:

  • Fill in an Application to Review a Fine  asking for the fine to be withdrawn and explaining your objection.
  • Write to Council stating that you wish to have the matter heard in Court. You will then receive a summons with the date, time and place of the hearing. If you succeed at the hearing, the fine will be dropped; if you do not, you will have to pay the fine plus additional Court and Council costs.

Road Rules

Council does not make the road rules. It only enforces them on behalf of the State Government.

For more details, visit the VicRoads website.

There are currently no plans to display.
Please check back soon.

In this section...

No items found.

You may also be interested in...