.no-js-element { display:block; }
Print/Share this page

Registration of a Food Premises Application

Before You Start

You may need to attach a copy of your new or changed Food Safety Program (FSP) with this application.


Food Act 1984


There are some hard words in this form.  The hard words are underlined.  Click on the words to read what they mean on our definitions page.


For the current fee due please call Council's Health Department on (03) 5153 9500.


A member of the Customer Service Team will be in contact to arrange for payment of this application.


There are some rules that need to be followed for this permit. You can read the rules at the bottom of this page.


Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed
Proprietor Details
Phone Number
Business Details
Description of use of Premises
Is tobacco sold? * (required)
Is tobacco sold from a vending machine? * (required)
Does the business have sit-in dining? * (required)
Does the business have a licence to sell liquor? * (required)
Do you have a private drinking water supply? * (required)
Food Safety Supervisor
Food Recall Contact
Food Safety Program (FSP)
If you have already given Council a Food Safety Program (FSP) - (please tick the box) * (required)
Everyone must fill in this section
Open the calendar popup.
Please enter the code from the image to continue


    Food Safety Program (FSP) Requirements

    You must submit a copy of your FSP unless your business has been exempt from having a FSP. A food business is free from having a FSP if it sells only prepackaged and low risk shelf foods, eg. packet chips, soft drinks, confectionary.

    FSP Class 1: businesses are high risk, such as hospitals that should already have a FSP and are subject to third party audit.

    FSP Class 2: are all the remaining businesses except those that are exempt from having a FSP.

    Non-standard FSP type: a FSP developed independently and requires a third party audit.

    Standard FSP type: a FSP developed using a State Government approved template and is not subject to a third party audit.

    You must have a Food Safety Supervisor unless your business is exempt from having a FSP. Contact Council if you need more information on Food Safety Supervisor requirements.

    The information given by you is collected by the East Gippsland Shire Council for the purposes of carrying out the Food Act 1984 and Tobacco Act 1987. The information shall not be given to any party unless needed by law, or in line with Sections 54A to 54D of the Food Act 1984 and Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.

    Any information given is also protected against wrongful release by Sections 54 and 60H of the Food Act 1984 and by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.

    Part or all of the information given, which forms part of a register, is available for public inspection as per Section 43(5) of the Food Act 1984.


    Privacy Statement

    The East Gippsland Shire Council asks for details about you to collect rates, approve permits and licences, and run a range of community services.  The information you give to us on this form is used only for the reasons set out in the form and is not given to anybody else. Sometimes we may supply details about you to someone else, but only if we are allowed by law, or to protect someone or property.

    When information is given out, Council will always try to make sure your privacy is protected in line with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.  You may ask for more information about Council’s Privacy Policy by contacting our Information Privacy Officer on 03 5153 9500 or e-mail feedback@egipps.vic.gov.au                                                                                                                                                               


    Rate this page - was the information useful to you?

    Please type the code in the box below