Kerbside Collection Area Extension Surveys
Lists the current Kerbside Collection Area Extension Surveys.
1. Stones Road, Swan Reach, Kerbside Collection Survey
Re: Proposed Extension of Kerbside Waste Collection Area
Council has received a request to extend the kerbside waste collection area to the above area and would like to gauge support for the proposed extension.
Attached is a survey form for completion by you and return in the enclosed reply paid envelope.
The proposed extension will proceed unless a majority of survey responses object by indicating ‘No’ on the survey. A non response will be considered as a ‘Yes’ vote and therefore in support of the proposed extension.
Should the proposal proceed, a kerbside collection service will be introduced and the associated garbage collection fees as set by Councils annual budget process will be applied to all properties (except vacant land) within the proposed extension area. The 2012-13 fee is $217.00 and will be charged at a pro rata amount of the annual garbage charge for the remainder of this financial year.
Details of the proposal are as follows:
- The garbage collection service includes the provision of a Council supplied 120 litre garbage bin collected on a weekly basis.
- The recycling collection service includes the provision of a Council supplied 240 litre recycling bin collected on a fortnightly basis.
- The proposed collection will require bins to be placed on the kerbside for collection. In some instances collection will only be undertaken from one side of the road. Separate notification will be provided if this is to occur in your area, should the proposal proceed.
- Only the votes from owners of properties with dwellings will be counted in the survey.
- An annual garbage charge is not charged on vacant land until a dwelling is constructed on the property.
- The extended collection area will then form part of the defined garbage collection area, as defined by Councils Kerbside Waste Collection Policy; meaning that the garbage charge is always applicable whilst a dwelling is located on the property.
Enclosed is a map outlining the area proposed to be included in the collection, together with a survey form and replied paid envelope for your convenience.
I would appreciate you completing the survey form and returning it to this office in the replied paid envelope by 28 Feb 2013
Should you have any questions regarding this proposal please contact me on 5153 9500.
Waste Management Supervisor