Print/Share this page

Kerbside Bin Issues and Quick Information


Additional Waste and Second Service Options


Additional Waste Service

Households that demonstrate that they generate household waste in excess of the capacity of the standard 120L bin and that meet the set criteria, can apply for a 240L household waste.  If you believe your household meets one of the listed criteria below and you would like to apply for a larger waste bin via the permit system, please contact Council's Waste Unit

  • Large Family (defined as five or more persons living permanently at the service address)
  • Households with two or more children in disposable nappies
  • Households with four or more persons; one being a child in disposable nappies
  • Households with special medical requirements (on the basis of certification by a Medical Practitioner). Liquid waste and syringes are not acceptable. 

Second Service Option

Households that do not meet the criteria set for an additional waste permit have the option of adding a second service to their property.  A second service comprises of another complete set of bins the same as you already have i.e. either a 2 or 3 bin service.  The second service will be added to the property rating information and charged at the applicable annual rate. 


You will also be charged a pro rata fee for the establishment of the second service.  To arrange a second bin service for your property please Contact Council.


Missed Bin Collection

If any of your bins have missed being collected or have not been emptied properly on the designated collection day, please promptly either Contact Council or Tambo Waste directly on 5155 3622 before 1.00 pm the same day and report the matter. 


Moving house and not sure what to do with your bins?

When moving home do not take your kerbside bins with you. Every household that receives a kerbside collection service is issued with a set of bins that have been registered to the property.  When you move from a property located within the service area to into another property located within the service area, your new residence should have an existing set of bins.


Moving from an existing property into a newly built property will require activation of the service at the new property. To activate a new service, please contact Council.


If you are moving from a property that is located within the service area to a property that is outside the service area, please do not take the bins with you. For servicing options for properties located outside the service area, please see the section below on Out of Collection Area Options.


In all cases the rule is simple – leave the bins behind.


Out of Collection Area Options

If your property is located outside of the defined kerbside waste collection area you will not be charged for the kerbside waste collection service on your annual rates notice. You can dispose of your waste and recycling at one of Council's waste management facilities or private servicing is available in some areas from locally based private companies.  Please contact your preferred provider for further information on services available. 


Stolen/Replacement Bins

Fees apply for the replacement of kerbside bins. The current charges are: 


$105 for a 240 litre bin (standard size of recycle and green waste bins)

$82 for a 120 litre bin (standard size of household waste bins)


Damaged Bins

If your waste bin is damaged when put out for collection, please Contact Council and report it.  A form will be completed for your property and Tambo Waste will be notified of the damage.  Arrangements will then be made to have the damage repaired.  Bin repairs are undertaken at no expense to the resident.


Lost or Stolen Bins

If your waste bin is lost or stolen from your property the following process should be followed:

  • Report the lost/stolen bin to Council
  • Arrange for a replacement bin and pay the applicable fee (as detailed above)
  • If you believe your bin was stolen under extenuating circumstances and you wish to request a refund of the replacement fee, please lodge a written request to Council detailing the circumstances of the bin being stolen and that you are requesting a refund
  • Refund requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the Waste Unit and outcomes will be advised direct to the applicant.

Fees for additional waste disposal at Landfill/Transfer Station Sites

Not all transfer stations accept all waste - check with your transfer station in advance.

Loads taken to non-weighbridge sites will be charged by cubic meterage. 

Fees are detailed at the entrance to all non-weighbridge sites.



Rate this page - was the information useful to you?

Please type the code in the box below