Bairnsdale CBD Improvement Project
“The potential for a lively city is strengthened when more people are invited to walk, bike and stay in the city space”
- Jan Gehl, Cities for People
The Bairnsdale CBD is our Shire’s regional centre. For a substantial visitor and country population, as well as persons living within the city, it is the central meeting place; a place of service and work; a rest point; a place of recreation and vitality. It is the embodiment of the country town, the primary focus of the community; a multifaceted place that must serve many functions.
The Bainrsdale CBD Improvement Project ‘re-imagining Bairnsdale’ recognises the significant opportunities to improve the image, function, safety and vibrancy of the Bairnsdale CBD and its public spaces for residents and visitors.
What will the project achieve?
- A more attractive place to be
- Safer and more welcoming gardens and community spaces
- Spaces where people can walk and relax
- Improved pedestrian, cycle and vehicle circulation
- Safer ways to walk and cycle
How can I get involved?
Council is currently seeking feedback on the draft concept plans for the Bairnsdale CBD Improvement project. Feedback is encouraged and should be lodged at Council’s Corporate Centre or via email to email@example.com by 4.00 pm on Friday 4 May 2012.
You can get involved in the following ways:
- Contribute to the discussion and respond to questions on the project blog
- Email your ideas / feedback to Council
- Watch out for events in the town you can attend such as workshops and outdoor activities.
- Download a community feedback form for public comment or pick up one at Council's Service Centres. Alternatively, you may contact Council to request a copy to be sent to you.
Building a Better Bairnsdale Newsletter Edition 1 – December 2011 (PDF 306KB)
Links to other project pages
Bairnsdale Growth Strategy Building a Better Bairnsdale
Walking and Wayfinding Report
New Bairnsdale Library
How do I find out more?
Contact Prue McTaggart, Senior Strategic Planner on 5153 9500