Print/Share this page

Do I need a Council approval?

When a building design does not meet siting requirements, the designer or building surveyor can apply to Council’s Municipal Building Surveyor to determine if the design is allowable.  This is known as the 'Report and Consent' process.


Examples may include a building that is too close to front title boundary or a wall on a boundary with a maximum average height above the allowed three metres.


In many cases the surrounding neighbourhood character and adjoining neighbour’s comments will need to be taken into consideration, as nominated in Minister's Guidelines.


If you need to apply for a Council Report and Consent, please use the Report and Consent application form.

See attached list of Other Building Regulations relating to building siting issues.


Rate this page - was the information useful to you?

Please type the code in the box below