Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSP)
What is a Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of Last Resort?
The purpose of a Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of Last Resort is to provide some protection from the effects of radiant heat during a bushfire.
A Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of Last Resort is only intended for use when all other plans have failed. It should not be considered as a place to relocate to when leaving early, as it will not guarantee safety or survival from fire, embers or radiant heat.
Travelling to a Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of Last Resort when there is a bushfire may be extremely dangerous due to dense smoke, radiant heat, flying embers, fallen trees and power lines, traffic congestion and accidents.
A Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of Last Resort will not have the capacity to cater for special needs; there will be no support services (food or drink, material aid) or provision for pets. There is no guarantee that emergency services will be present during a bushfire.
A Neighbourhood Safer Place – Place of Last Resort should not replace a personal bushfire survival plan. If your plan is to leave early, the safest option is to leave at the beginning of a day when the Fire Danger Rating is declared Severe or Extreme. On a Code Red (Catastrophic) rated fire danger day, the safest option is to leave the night before, or early in the morning.
Location of designated Neighbourhood Safer Places - Place of Last Resort
Bemm River - Bemm River Hotel, 3-5 Sydenham Inlet Road
Benambra Oval - Tip Road, Benambra
Bendoc Hall Car Park - Dowling Street, Bendoc
Bonang Hall Surrounds - Orbost Bonang Road, Bonang
Buchan Oval - Buchan Orbost Road, Buchan
Cann River - Cann River P-12 College, 18 Tamboon Road, Cann River
- Mallacoota - Mallacoota Foreshore between Captains Point and Coull’s Point
- Omeo Oval - Cnr Day Avenue and Park Street, Omeo
- Orbost - Orbost Cricket Club Oval, Gladstone Street, Orbost
- Paynesville - A.J. Freeman Reserve Oval 1, Main Road, between King and Ashley Streets Paynesville
- Raymond Island - Raymond Island Community Centre, Corner of Fifth Parade and Sixth Avenue, Raymond Island (43/47 Sixth Avenue)
- Swan Reach Oval - Duffy Street, Swan Reach
CFA Neighbourhood Safer Places – Place of Last Resort